Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Kate Bush (july 28, 2009)



Creating this article of writing about Kate Bush was inevitable. As much as I risk have stones hurled at me via the internet, I will go on record to say I am a fan and dodge the damn rocks.

If you you were a kid in the late 70's and early to mid 80's, then you should have some recolection of  Kate's genius, artistry, vocal talent and predigious musical ability for a young woman who had her major break around the time when she was finishing high school. As much as I believe Kate Bush is a musical virtuoso of her time, she is also guilty of taking her self and her image way, way too seriously. 

I mean look at the photo (above), It's just sand Kate.

Then there is her dancing. Kate Bush has been guilty of some of the confounding coreography and a questionably eccentric outfits at her height. I could write a whole lot of stuff about this, but it is best to see the majesty of 'WUTHERING HEIGHTS'.

Now, as whacky as that film clip is, I can't fault the song or the musical integrity. Essentially, this sums up how I feel about Miss Bush as an artist. Once again I could go on, but a great song says more than I ever could. This song 'MAN WITH THE CHILD IN HIS EYES'  should give you some idea of what I am trying to say. A woman signing impecibly and playing a piano brilliantly, utterly live with no backing track. Please ignore Kate's 'mini me' dancing on the end of the grand piano.

Kate Bush was a flat out wonder child to do what she did st such a tender age, but the art of it all, the layers of conceptual prancing overshadow can at times her genuine and ufetted ability to make a beautiful song. 


No comments:

Post a Comment